We have partnered with a London-based company called Pods in Print to provide written transcriptions of the Napoleon 101 podcast starting at this stage from episode #21. Access to the transcripts requires a subscription. Itâ€™s US$12.95 for one month or $120 a year. Check them out here.
From the BBC this morning:
A love letter from Napoleon to his future wife, Josephine, has fetched some Â£276,000 ($556,000; 409,000 euros) at an auction in London.
In the letter – one of only three known to have been sent to Josephine by the French emperor before their marriage – he apologises after a furious row.
The early love letter was written after a heated argument.
“I send you three kisses – one on your heart, one on your mouth and one on your eyes,” Napoleon wrote.
Read the full story here!
Your reviews on iTunes. Your emails. Contest entries. Posts on our blog. We ask for so little.
I know what youâ€™re thinking: What else can I do to help support my friends at the Napoleon 101 Podcast?
This year for the first time ever weâ€™re going to go for an official Podcast Award from PodcastAwards.com.
Will you help?
1) Just click the link to go to www.podcastawards.com.
2) Click on the small blue text in the top box that says â€œClick here to nominate.â€
3) When there, you can enter us in Peopleâ€™s Choice and one other category. But since we probably will never win the Peopleâ€™s Choice, donâ€™t bother with that one.
Just nominate us in the Education category. Donâ€™t nominate us for any other category – if you nominate us for more than one category (with the exception of â€œPeopleâ€™s Choice,â€) neither vote counts!
You have to fill out our showâ€™s name and our URL like this:
4) Then, you have to go to the bottom of the page and enter your name, your email, and whether youâ€™re a podcaster, listener or both.
5) Hit â€œSubmitâ€ and youâ€™re done!
You can only nominate us once, so when youâ€™ve taken care of this, youâ€™re done!
Will you take three minutes and help us out? Weâ€™d really appreciate it.
And if you have other podcasts you enjoy, be sure to nominate them, too. Especially shows on The Podcast Network. Spread the love. (Just not in the â€œEducationâ€ category, OK?)
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It would mean a lot to us to be nominated.