Is it just me or are these shows gradually getting longer? 🙂
When we last left Napoleon, he had concluded the Italian Campaign with the treaty of Campo Formio and was a national hero. In this episode we talk about the Egyptian Campaign of 1798-99:
- Too soon for his political move in France
- The invasion of England postponed
- In the footsteps of Alexander, off to Egypt!
- Taking and re-making Malta
- Reading the Qu’ran
- The Rosetta Stone
- The Battle of the Pyramids
- The Battle of the Nile
- Talleyrand’s Betrayal (the first of many)
- Into Syria (Israel)
- The Battles of Acre, Jaffa, Aboukir
- The execution of prisoners
- The sudden return to France!
In our next episode, we will watch with bated breath as Napoleon executes the coup of 18 Brumaire and becomes 1st Consul of France!