Napoleon 101 #001 (mp3 – 24Mb – 68 mins)
Welcome to the first episode of Napoleon 101! David and I are very excited about creating this show and the rest of the series.
For this first episode, we thought we’d start by giving you a bit of a taste-tester. Before we get deep into the nitty-gritty of his life and career, we’ll take you on a quick journey of what makes Napoleon such an interesting topic for us. For example, we cover:
- How and when did we first get interested in Napoleon?
- What is it about Napoleon that fascinates us?
- The first things everyone wants to know:
- Was he really short?
- Why did he stick his hand inside his jacket?
- Did he really say “Not tonight, Josephine”?
- Was he poisoned or not?
- Top 5 things everyone should know about Napoleon
- He was Corsican
- He rarely, if ever, broke a peace treaty
- He was a workaholic who hardly slept
- He was a genius with a great eye for detail
- The Code Napoleon
- Our favourite Napoleonic event/story/anecdote/myth
- The return from Elba
- The Battle of Austerlitz
If you are new to Napoleon, then we hope this show will give you a taste to learn more. If you are already an experienced hand, then we hope you will enjoy hearing a couple of Napoleon geeks tell the story that you are already familiar with.